A few authors I follow (John Scalzi & Mary Robinette Kowal) recently posted lists of 10 things they’ve done that most people probably haven’t. I thought this sounded like a fun way to close out the year on my blog so I decided to play along.
Leave me comment if you’d like more details. (Unless you’re a member of law enforcement inquiring about #4)
- Participated in two water births by actually being in the birth tub
- Successfully performed the Heimlich Maneuver on a choking person
- Was punched in the jaw in high school by someone who mistook me for someone else
- Successfully evaded the police (more than once, actually)
- Was sexually harassed, physically, in the workplace (by a woman)
- Stood on a table in a downtown university hotel food court to serenade someone an apology
- Was bitten by a horse and cried because my feelings were hurt, not my finger
- Asked someone to marry me while standing beneath the world’s tallest Christmas tree
- Hand-delivered a single rose to a girl who I never had the courage to ask for a date
- Won $1,000 dollars on the radio by being the correct caller after the “money song” was played
EDITED TO ADD:
BONUS!: I was also once chased by more than a dozen “ninjas” after some friends and I inadvertently stumbled on a martial arts style gang fight in a secluded park late one night.