Thanks to @lilithsaintcrow I was recently introduced to six word stories. The concept of the six word story has been around for some time, but it was new to me. If you’ve never heard of the six word story click here for an introduction and some wonderful examples!
For today’s Wordly Wednesday I decided to try my hand at writing my own. It was so much fun I wrote several, six to be exact, which seems somehow fitting. Don’t you think? I’m calling it my creative writing 6×6. I’m posting them here and will also be posting them on Twitter throughout the day with the tag #sixwordstories. Use it to follow along or use the tag yourself and post some of your own.
My six word stories:
- A dozen roses; hopeful promise, undelivered.
- Honor student: Drunken driving, thus interred.
- Grassroots effort. Rally’s over. Now what?
- Headline wrong. Lives destroyed. Retraction buried.
- Fallen angel: Will work for food.
- Left for church. Got lost. Revelation.
There are lots of places where you can share your own six word stories. Here’s a link to one to get you started. The best six word stories will appear on site’s front page and be posted to their Twitter feed.
If any of my six word stories inspire you to write a larger work based on it, leave me a comment and let me know. I’d love to hear about it.